Sustainability isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when looking at Beauty & Aesthetic clinics, but why compromise on where you get your Aesthetic, Beauty & Holistic treatments? The most powerful thing you have as consumers is choice, and each decision is an opportunity to make a difference. Here’s a bit about about the decisions we have made and are going to keep on making over the next year to be more eco-conscious.
Creating an eco-friendly environment is of great importance to us green, clean, cruelty free and ethical choices are at the core of our ethos. We are doing everything we can to create an ethical salon with sustainable choices and continually looking at way’s in which we can expand our current practices, that include:
1) Eco Towels - We have invested in Energy Efficient Towels. These new energy efficient towels are made with a unique fabric blend that gives them exceptional energy saving properties. The entire collection is 100% Guaranteed for the claims of sustainability and energy savings which can be verified by the independent reports provided by the Laundry and Technology Centre (LTC).
2) Reusable Cotton Pads - Where we can, we will be swopping cotton wool pads for sustainable cotton pad which can be washed and reused. We can not do this for all our treatments, as treatments that require clinical waste will still need disposable products but for all other treatments we will start using cotton pads to reduce our cotton wool usage.
3) Eco friendly Cleaning Products - All our laundry detergent, washing up liquid, hand soap and cleaning products are non-toxic eco cleaning products.
4) Recycling - We will be recycling as much as we can, having a commercial recycling refuse collection.
5) 100% recycled bleach free toilet paper - From now on we will be using recycled toilet paper and hand towels.
6) Energy efficient light bulbs - We have changed all our light bulbs to more efficient LED ones and over time all our magnifying lamps as they stop working will be changed over too.
7) Being more mindful - We are all going to be more mindful of our waste and what we use from now on.
8) Reducing Paper Usage:
No paper price lists - we have all our prices on our website
No loyalty cards - All our loyalty schemes are digital
No appointment cards - All our appointments are emailed to you on the day of booking and an email and text is sent the day before.
No gift cards - We have gone completely digital with our gift cards, so you can purchase one online and have it sent on your chosen day to the recipient.
9) Clean, Vegan, Ethical & Organic Products - We use products such as Dermalogica that are recognized cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Leaping Bunny. They are certified vegan on all but 4 of their products.
They have been clean since 1986. Their formulas are free of artificial colors and fragrances, mineral oil, lanolin, S.D. alcohol, parabens and microplastics. By the end of 2020, 90% of their packaging will be recyclable or bio-degradable. Much of their packaging is already sustainable.
Going forward, all paper and cartons they use are FSC certified to be sustainable for forests. Their formulas are all manufactured in California, which boasts some of the world’s strongest environmental and consumer protections.
10) Continuing to develop being eco conscious - Over the next year we will be working towards being more eco friendly, using organic and vegan products as much as we can, and keeping our holistic aesthetic vision as we go forward.
Beside it being a huge passion of ours, we know many of our clients feel the same way and want to support a clinic that really cares not only about them but of our Mother Earth, that is the one thing we all share and can all take steps to protect it, however big or small.
Holistically Minded Treatments and Products
At Beauty Holistic Avenue we do not just provide beauty and holistic treatments, we take things to the next level by having a holistic approach to all our aesthetic and beauty treatments and the products we use and sell.
Holistic Beauty & Aesthetics
Holistic Aesthetic means the treatment of the whole person, rather than just the symptoms. At Beauty Holistic Avenue we look at things differently, from our treatments to our treatment plans we are looking at the whole person not just the what you have come to see us about.
Holistic Aesthetics might surprise you, we are taking beauty beyond the normal. We embrace modern techniques that provide results whether it is microneedling or laser therapy but we use a holistic approach in supporting the body and skin to minimize any side effects and provide longer lasting results. We offers a complete overview of the skin’s condition highlighting reasons for any issues and provides clear guidelines on how to maintain a youthful and more natural look.
Holistic Aesthetics is not a trend and is unlike any beauty protocol you have ever come across. It is based on the combination of highly effective modern procedures, that have been chosen for there science but with the mindfulness of the person getting results without sacrificing the body in any other way. We will never recommend treatments and products that are not supportive of what you need always being honest in our approach.
People underestimate the benefits of treatments to help support the mind and relax the body. Stress has a very negative effect on our whole system, causing health issues and many skin concerns. Working from within can have as much of an effect as working on the the outside.
Our holistic therapies support all our work at Beauty Holistic Avenue, so much so we use many of them within our beauty & aesthetic work.
We have practitioners that can help with building your confidence, help release unhelpful though patterns, balance the body and give alternative to aesthetic treatments.
All our individual, private treatment rooms are located upstairs, away from the noisy reception and busy road outside. This provides a peaceful calming, environment in an otherwise hectic city. Our decor is based on a chakra theme, providing a balance throughout the clinic and makes each room have its own identity with its chakra picture and colour. The clinic has a clean clinical feel but with the balance of a welcoming chakra colour theme.
The Journey So Far.....
I’m Vicki Hexter, the owner of beauty holistic avenue, renting out rooms to independent therapists like myself, providing a variety of beauty, aesthetic and holistic treatments.
In 1995 I open Beauty Avenue on The Avenue in Highams Park, East London (hence the name). A one room salon with myself as the only therapist and my sister helping on reception. After 3 years I was too busy to meet the demand and with parking getting more of a challenge, I move to Walthamstow right opposite Homebase, so the parking issue was solved and I had more rooms, so I could take on liked minded therapists to help meet the demand.
In 2003 I started to rent out rooms to holistic therapists and other aesthetic therapists providing other treatments. In 2018 I decided to offer this to the therapists that had been working with me over the years. This has started a new and exciting phase to the business which has been very well received by therapists and clients alike.
I am proud to be able to concentrate on what I love, my therapies and rent rooms to like minded passionate aesthetic beauty and holistic therapists needing a great base to work from with a great team to work with.